Small Works and Consultant Roster
The City of East Wenatchee’s Small Works and Consultant Rosters are maintained by the Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC).
MRSC Rosters is a shared roster system and online database for Washington State local government agencies to solicit work from contractors eligible to bid on small public works projects (up to $350,000) and to solicit work from consultants.
Advantages of MRSC Rosters
- Promotes efficiency in government
- Provides a single application process for contractors/consultants to register with multiple agencies
- Allows the City to share costs
- Reduces the City’s staffing needs
- Provides the City access to a much larger pool of contractors/consultants
- Allows ease of electronic search and notification
- Provides the City more and lower bids from qualified contractors/consultants
To become eligible to work on small works projects, please register your company at no cost with MRSC at mrscrosters.org and select City of East Wenatchee on your account.
- MRSC accepts and processes electronic applications from contractors and consultants and checks them for compliance with the new mandatory bidder responsibility criteria.
- Once MRSC verifies a contractor/consultant, their account is activated, and participating agencies are able to search for a contractor/consultant by service category or alphabetical listing.
- After generating an email list of potential bidders, the agencies can send out requests for proposals.
- To fulfill Washington State statutory requirements, MRSC will advertise on behalf of all participating agencies in the Daily Journal of Commerce, indicating that they are using the MRSC Rosters.
When small works projects become available, the City will invite a minimum of five (5) contractors to bid. In general, projects may require that:
- Prevailing wages be paid and documented in compliance with RCW 39.12.
- A Performance Bond be executed in compliance with RCW 39.08 before beginning work.
- The Contractor holds a current Washington State Contractor's License.
- Contractor must deliver a certificate of insurance naming the City as an additionally insured before beginning work.
- Contractor must have a current City of East Wenatchee Business License before beginning work.
- Contractor shall be in good standing regarding L&I premium payments prior to an award of any contract.
For more information about registering, or for assistance with the application process please email MRSC directly.
For Construction Project Bidders
To obtain project plans and specifications in order to bid on a City of East Wenatchee projects, please email the City Clerk or call 509-884-9515.
Please note: if you obtain project plans and specifications through any other process, such as by a public records request, you will NOT be added to the list of bidders who receive bid packet addenda and other information sent to those who actually register as bidders.
To Make Public Records Requests
To obtain project plans and specifications for City of East Wenatchee via public records request, please visit our Public Records webpage external link. Public records fee may apply.
RCW 39.04.190 allows the City to use an informal vendor list, instead of formal competitive bidding, to secure quotes and award contracts. The City uses MRSC Rosters for vendors. To be eligible for work with the City, please register your company at www.mrscrosters.org.
Email the Public Works Director or call 509-884-1829.
The City of East Wenatchee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Minority Business Enterprises and Women Business Enterprises to participate in the competitive bidding process and the Small Works Roster.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, The City of East Wenatchee hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex in consideration for an award.