Public records request
Business License Related Records
To request Business License records for the City of East Wenatchee, please submit the Online Records Request Form with the Washington State Department of Revenue by fax or mail by following this link.
Other City Records
For Municipal Court or Police Department records, please refer to their record request policies:
Public Records Policy
According to the Public Records Act (Revised Code of Washington [RCW] 42.56), the City must make available for public inspection and copying all public records, unless the record falls within a specific exemption that exempts or prohibits disclosure of specific information or records. To the extent required to prevent an unreasonable invasion of personal privacy interests protected by the Public Records Act, the City delete identifying details in a manner consistent with the Public Records Act when it makes available or publishes any public record. In each case, however, the City must fully explain, in writing, the justification for the deletion.
Within five business days after the receipt of a request, the City's Public Records Officer will do one or more of the following:
- Provide the record
- Provide an internet address and link (or provide copies or a way to view copies)
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of the time it will require to respond
- Acknowledge the request and request clarification
- Deny the request and cite the legal exemption (common exemptions RCW 42.56.210 through 42.56.510)
Charges for Copies of Public Records
|Black-and-White Copies (8.5 by 11 Inches)||15 cents per page|
|CD / DVD / Flash Drive||$5 each|
|Electronic Files or Attachments Uploaded to Email, Cloud-Based Data Storage Service, or Other Means of Electronic Delivery||5 cents per each four electronic files or attachments|
|Inspection of Public Records||No Charge|
|Photocopies of Public Records, Printed Copies of Electronic Public Records When Requested by the Person Requesting Records, or for the Use of the City's Equipment to Photocopy Public Records||15 cents per page|
|Public Records Scanned into an Electronic Format or for the Use of Agency Equipment to Scan the Records||10 cents per page|
|Transmission of Public Records in an Electronic Format||10 cents per gigabyte|
- There is no charge for inspecting public records.
- Mailing includes actual cost of postage and shipping container.
- If the requested number of records is large, the City may charge a deposit of up to 10% of the estimated cost of an entire request before copying records. Also, the City may provide the requested records in installments.
For more information regarding requests for public records, view public records information provided by Washington's Attorney General.