Appointed by the Mayor, the City Clerk serves and supports the City Council, City Departments, and the residents of East Wenatchee. The City Clerk's Office authenticates, records, and maintains the City's official legislative acts. It assures compliance with legal requirements for Washington State municipalities, including the accuracy, organization, accessibility and protection of all essential public records. The Clerk's office is a valuable public information center.
The Clerk's Office:
- Prepares agendas and minutes for City Council meetings as well as administrative support for the City Council and the Mayor
- Provides the public notification of meetings, legal notices, formal bid openings, and requests for proposals
- Ensures compliance with open public meeting law and compliance with the Open Government Trainings Act
- Manages the recruitment for City boards and commissions volunteer opportunities
- Acts as the City's registered agent
- Regulates business licenses, taxi licenses, and other licenses and permits
- Manages publishing the City's Municipal Code
- Manages the City's official records, City contracts, and interlocal agreements
- Manages the City's record management systems to include retention, archiving, destruction and disposition of all City records as required by the Washington State Local Government Retention Schedule (CORE).
To search for public records, please visit the City's Document Center.